From:
Bobbi Hunsaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 13:08:23 -0400
Just get your ferrets out there with the public.  I walk mine on their
leashes and it never fails, I get stopped multiple times and asked
questions about them, from "what is THAT?" to "do they make good pets?"  I
know the questions get really repetitive but if you are a ferret lover, and
I know you are, that's our job.  We have to let people know, the good, the
bad and the ugly of ferret ownership.  (RE: Good-fun pet; Bad-"interesting
habits"; Ugly-diseases and illnesses.)  Let's face it, ferrets are not for
everyone but how many of you out there ever thought you would have a ferret
and now wouldn't live without them?  By your educating people on ferrets,
you might spark their interest and they might in turn become good
ferret-parents.  Or on the other hand, if someone says something negative
about a ferret to a person that talked to you, they might come to the
defense of the ferret, "enlightning" another person.  Just keep being
passionate about your ferret(s) and that passion will come across to other
people.  I read everything I can find on them, so when people ask me stuff,
most of the time, I can can give them an EDUCATED answer.  So, talk, talk,
talk that ferret talk. :o)