From:
Lynda Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 00:44:15 -0600
Well, I did something I sure didn't expect to do--I fell in love again!!  I
went to our local petshop Friday to pick up some food for my five and they
had a new shipment of babies in.  They are only about 6 weeks old (if
that!), MFFs, and 7 were sables, 2 were siamese and one was ??  He (and he
is BIG for his age--his head is already bigger than the heads of two of my
females who are a year old!!) is a silvermitt, and is very pale gray with a
few black guardhairs, no mask, a white (slightly yellow) face, a large white
patch right at the base of his neck right above his shoulders, a yellow bib
and tummy and a white tip to his tail.  His tail is a bit darker gray, and
he has a darker gray band across his shoulders, connecting on his chest.  Is
this a really common coloration?  I know I've never seen it before.

He is so young that he still has a bit of trouble walking a straight line,
but is sweet and very snuggly and very interested in the other five, as well
as the dog and cats.  I have been moistening his Iams kitten chow (what they
were feeding him in the pet shop ) and he is eating well--is there anything
else I should do special because of his very young age?

Also, any great suggestions for a name?  Nothing has occurred to me that I
really like.  All ideas will be considered!  If it helps, my other guys are
"Smitty", "Maggie", "Razz" and "Baby" and "Zeus", who came "pre-named".  As
you can see, there is no theme going that I have to stick to!!

Well, I've rambled on long enough.  Just email your suggestions for names so
the list doesn't get littered.  Thanks.

Lynda (and the six--yep, count 'um--six--slinkys)