From:
"Ilena E. Ayala" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 11:59:21 -0400
Those ammendments are hilarious!  Those are your tax dollars at work, all
you Florida residents!!  : )

>(9) Providing for a ferret curfew.  No ferret under the age of one year
>   will be outside between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. unless
>   accompanied by an owner or a ferret over the age of three.

Does this mean runaways caught during curfew hours will be sent to a halfway
house??

>(10) Providing that it is unlawful for any ferret while being detained by
>     a human, and with intent to harass, annoy, threaten, or alarm a person
>     who is detaining said ferret, to cause or attempt to cause such human
>     to come into contact with regurgitated food, or saliva, whether by
>     throwing, tossing, or expelling such fluid or material.

What about the spitting of oral medications?  I think they've glossed over
an important problem here!

>(11) All ferrets in the state of Florida will receive a sales tax exempt
>     status on dental and orthodontal work as provided in s. 120.04.

Hmmn, are veterinary dental procedures normally taxable in Fl?  If they
are, this might actually be useful for things like teeth cleaning and the
extraction of broken teeth.  What is the text for s.120.04??

-Ilena Ayala