From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 25 May 1994 09:50:18 -0400
>Garp has his permanent canine coming in right next to, and on top of,
>his baby tooth.  Has anyone ever seen this double tooth syndrome before?
>Sure hope the little guy's dentition doesn't get so messed up that he needs
>little ferret braces!  Ha!  imagine that!
>
> Michele and the gang!

This happened to me as a child.  My adult incisors came in before the baby
ones fell out.  One fell out when the adult was just barely visible, but
the left one was quite recalcitrant.  The two were stacked, with the adult
fully visible, protruding from the gumline.  Eventually the adult tooth won
the push-of-war, but not before I had a wonderful time grossing out any kid
that tried to pick on me.  I'd just flash 'em the teeth!  Once the baby
tooth fell out, the adult just moved right into its place.  I have never
needed braces.

Call the vet, though, to get an idea of how long you should wait.  That's
what my mom did (well, actually, she called the dentist).   :)

Oh, by the way, could you lucky folks in CT & NH please announce when your
ferret shows are?  We Mass. and New York City people would love to go, but
unless they're posted on this list, we'll never know about them!