From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2011 15:13:06 -0800
Last week I shared information on two ferrets at Lollypop Farm the
Human Society of the Greater Rochester, NY area. I had an opportunity
to spend some time with Bandette and Axle this past Friday. OMG, what
wonderful fellas they are. They are fairly hefty at a bit over two
pounds - such gentle guys with nice lush winter coats. They were
snoozing when I stopped in to look them over and hold them for a bit.
Axle is a DEW and Bandette is a Dark sable mitt. They were abandoned in
an apartment complex. Their cage was pretty disgusting when the
landlord found it. He called animal control who turned the ferrets over
to Lollypop so the vets could check them out and staff could care for
them. I know these boys would love a second chance at a family who
would be more respectful of their lives and needs.

You may view them at this site:
<http://www.lollypop.org/site/c.clKUI9OQIoJcH/b.7792273/k.8CFC/Adoptable_Animals.htm>

Clicking on their pictures will give you some information about them.
LP charges $50.00 for a ferret and these guys would go for that price
as a bonded pair. The new owner would receive a vet voucher for free
vet exams for each of the boys at any participating vet on the provided
list. The most knowledgeable vets in this area where ferrets are
concerned are Dr. Allen Edwards, Brockport Animal Hospital, Brockport
and Dr. Ed Gshrey Southtowne Veterinary Hospital, Henrietta. Doc Gshrey
is also an ultrasound tech and uses the Des implants.

Two seven year old ferrets were also surrendered by their families in
the last month. The first went home with a LP worker who is quickly
learning about ferret math. She fostered a little female in September
who came in under weight, then adopted her. This older fella had to
have a tumor removed from his head and she fell in love with him...
now she has two.

I hope to be receiving a call about Mr. Nibbles the other seven year
old. He had the end of his tail amputated to remove a cordoma. He is
recovering and I hope to adopt him when he is cleared by the vets. He
seems to be in good general health from the looks of his coat although
they say he is itchy. That could be a few things. I would like to get
him started on soup, Vivify and have his FBG checked as well as his
teeth. Then he will get set up with a wonderful cage full of healthy
ferret foods and warm snuggly bedding and have a forever, ferret loving
family.

If I can be of further help to anyone who might want to give these boys
a home, please feel free to contact me.

Ever hopeful; Cathy Ryan

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3