From:
"Michelle Z. Matta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:40:52 -0500
Some of you may remember that my Pookie went in for some very minor surgery -
his scent glands were impacted and became infected, and he had to have
them drained.  Well the vet tech that handled him had a cold, and needless
to say, Pookie came home with a cold.  He sneezed his head off for 2 days,
but then he stopped sneezing and began "coughing", sort of.  The most
accurate description of this cough is the sound of a cat coughing up a
hairball.

I called the vet and talked to her and she said it sounded like Phenomena
or Bronchitis, either of which would be taken care of by the antibiotic he
was on for the surgery, and she renewed the prescription for him for
another 10 days.

My question is for those of you who have had ferrets with colds (this is
our first), does this description sound familiar?  It concerns me that it
may not be what the Dr. thought it was.  Its quite an awful sounding cough.

- Mish

____MICHELLE Z. MATTA____
Desktop Support Consultant
Carnegie Mellon -  Computing Services