From:
- Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 22:44:26 EDT
1. I have a box of one of a kind scenes of ferret miniatures.  I have
no time to make up titles or stories to go with them or to put them on
e-bay..  If the shelter operator in great debt wishes to reach me via
e-mail to send out some one and only ferret pieces that she would put
on ebay, please contact me.

2. People who run animal shelters can be really offensive...as can any
one of us.  I am not trying to excuse bad behaviour.  But I have seen
more than I ever care to see.

I recently tried to adopt a cat from one shelter.  A young lady had been
holding this cat for hours the night before, and commented that she had
no money and her parents would never let her have it, but she could get
her boyfriend to buy it for her.

Next day, I came an hour after opening.  The girl and her boyfriend were
holding another cat.I heard the boyfriend say he liked that one, and not
the ugly Persian.

So I pulled out the Persian and said I wanted to adopt it.  The girl
suddenly wanted it.  Your typical totally spoiled teenager.  BEFORE she
ran up front to act as though I had stolen the cat from her arms, I said
to her...

your boyfriend does not like this cat.  You have not been looking at it.
But if you are serious about adopting this cat...take it right now and
adopt it right now.  I was polite and friendly.

The girl walked away to look at other cats.  So I asked to adopt the cat,
and started filling out the forms.  The girl ran up front when she saw me
filling out adoption forms.  North Shore bratt..

The shelter operator came back and told me all Persians poop all over.
I told her no problem.  I had multiple litter boxes.  She said....how
gross.

Then she told me Persians were vicious unsocial animals.  She would not
let me have it becaue I already have a cat.  Then MORE lies.

Rather than ask what was going on, she chose to lie to me as though I was
a moron.

I was speechless.  This operator was unforgivably rude.  I had donated
over $2000 and tons of newspapers to that shelter since 2005..  I will
never donate another penny there.

I walked out, and went to another shelter where they were delighted I
wanted to adopt.  I found a biting scratching Persian.  I just got over
cat scratch fever from him.  He is purrfect for me, as I have no children
he can hurt, and this guy is wild about the ferrets.  I adore him.  And
of course, we are working on the biting scratching.

Don't give up on donating just because people at various shelters are
dishonest, or hurtful.  Just find a place that treats you the way you
wish to be treated if you cannot stand hostility or dishonest or
nonsensical behaviour being exhibited..Or donate to SOS.  Or donate
to other causes.

But don't let unforgivable behaviour stop you from caring for the
helpless.  Don't ever let anyone do that to you.