From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 13:34:49 EDT
>Our creative team accurately recognized the growing popularity of ferrets,
>but as I have learned through talking with several ferret owners, they
>weren't as accurate in their description of ferrets....
>Rest assured that I have shared my new knowledge of ferrets with our
>Creative team, even though it is not our intent to focus on ferrets in
>future ads....
>Director, Advertising Programs

The Radio Shack response is good and bad news.  Good news in the sense that
their Advertising Creative team has recognized that ferrets are indeed very
popular in the U.S., and bad news that Radio Shack has no plans to focus on
ferrets in their ads in the future.  Lazy Boy has a great ad campaign
featuring raccoons extolling the virtues of their furniture.  Something
similar could be a benefit to both Radio Shack and ferrets.

I am sure that Radio Shack has no idea of how popular some of their products
are with ferrets.  Almost half of the ferret toys here come from Radio
Shack, ranging from simple children's remote control toys and electronic
musical gadgets, to their top of the line remote control pick up truck (Sam
loves to ride that!), and Radio Shack's best electronic keyboard.  The
ferrets love dancing on the keys and making their own music.

Imagine an ad campaign where a couple of ferrets were given free roam of a
Radio Shack store after hours, playing with the remote control cars, trucks,
and robots, and dancing on the keyboards a' la Tom Hanks in "Big."

Scott and the Mustelid Mob
Jopal Ferret Haven