From:
Kelleen & The INSANE 10 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 1996 16:25:02 -0700
Hi All,

Sorry to shout but danggummit I need some help regarding Rocki.  I noticed
yesterday when I let them run the house for a time that Rocki is still
having a bloody discharge.  D**M It!!

I do not feel my vet here listens to me well at all and so far he has never
done exactly as I ask about.  I just asked if we should do a culture and
sensitivity on the urine and he says keep her on the amoxi for 10 or more
then off everything for 5 then we will do another urinalysis and a culture
and sensitivity if needed.

She has already been on the amoxi since 3/27 and if she still has the bloody
discharge I feel that says the Amoxi is not working.  The longer this goes
on the more permanent damage she could have.  WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!!????  I
have NO other doctor with ferret knowledge around here to go to that I am
aware of.

Could any of you out there speak to your vets that are great with ferrets
and get back to me quick?  I am corresponding with Doc. Williams but it
often takes 5 or 6 days to hear back from him.  He is such a busy guy and we
are grateful for every moment he spends helping us.

I am ready to walk in there tomorrow morning and start demanding which I
know is not the best thing to do but I feel very trapped right now and that
he is not doing as he should be.  If I lose him as a vet then so be it for
maybe I am suppossed to find another.  If he tells me to go to hell then I
will start calling EVERY vet in the phone book in a 30 mile radius or so.
SOMEONE out there has to be able to help my precious Rocki!!!!  No matter
the cost at this point I JUST WANT HER WELL!!!!  Thanks for listening and I
hope you can help.

*      Kelleen & the INSANE Animal House              *
*      President and Founder of F.A.N.G.              *
*      (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)       *
*      405 S. Orchard   Boise, Idaho  83705           *
*   I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday!  *
*   All they want is lots of love and great chow.     *
*         Idiocy is our only option!                  *
*     Dustin Hoffman from movie Outbreak              *