From:
John Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:52:26 -0400
The Cumberland County SPCA Update Newsletter

August 11, 2006
Keeping you up-to-date on CCSPCA events and news!

Final Dog Washes of the Season.... August 13 & September 9

Don't miss the last two dogwashes of the year !!  Our volunteers have
scrubbed over 100 dogs so far this summer and are hoping to double that
number when all is said and done.

The full beauty package includes brushing, nail trimming, shampoo
massage, rinse and towel drying for only $15.... Dog's love it, and their
owners love it even more because someone else does the dirty work.  Dogs
must be leashed at all times.  Please be sure to have all collars or
harnesses correctly fitted to prevent your animal from escaping should
her or she become frightened.  If you have a dog that is not fond of
other animals we suggest you arrive first thing in the morning or toward
the end of service hours to limit the exposure he or she will have to
tolerate.

2nd Annual Pet -A- Palooza Coming Up September 30, 2006 10am-4pm

A Companion Animal Carnival that will be a day of fun activities for
people and their pets.  If you missed it last year, be sure to mark it
on your calendar so you don't miss out again.  Bring your best animal
friend and your family for a little quality time together.  Dr. Elizabeth
Severino, world renowned Pet Communicator, has communicated with over
36,000 animals in various countries.  If you would like to have her
communicate with your pet please contact the SPCA at 691-1500 for prices
or to arrange an appointment.

Contests for pets will include Pie Eating & Costume Contests just to name
a few, as well as a general Pet Show with various categories.  Children
will be entertained with Face Painting, a ton of games and prizes, and a
children's art coloring contest.

Other activities scheduled include Tour the Spay/Neuter Clinic, Tour a
Fire Truck, Pet Olympics, Puppet Shows, Dog Agility Demonstration, K-9
Police Dog, Childrens Craft Table, Photo Contest, Face Painting, Paw Art,
Kitty's Cafe food & drinks, Many Breed Rescue Groups with pets for
adoption, Crafts, Animal related items for sale, and MUCH, MUCH more.

WANTED: Crafters, Vendors, Breed Rescues & Bands Last year we had over
400 people attend the fair, and we're hoping to double that number this
year.  We've got plenty of room for you to set up a table or booth and
offer your items for sale.  We're also looking for a band to play some
tunes and entertain the crowd.  Please send music samples when emailing.

Contact Kelly at [log in to unmask] as soon as possible to reserve your
spot.

2007 Happy Tails Wall Calendars Benefit CCSPCA

Concerned businesses and individuals who want to see an end to animal
cruelty sponsored the production of a 2007 wall calendar.  The calendar
tells the stories of 12 cruelty case animals and highlights thier new
lives with beautiful, professionally taken photos in a natural setting.
Calendars measure 12" wide x 24" tall with date blocks the perfect size
for noting appointments, school events, and SPCA events.

The calendar will be available for purchase at Pet -A- Palooza, Pet
Photo with Santa, and all other upcoming events.  Calendars will also be
available on the shelter's website and at local businesses throughout
Cumberland, Salem and Gloucester counties.  Reasonably priced at $15, the
entire amount of the purchase price will go directly toward rescuing and
rehabilitating the animals that so desperately need it.

Upcoming Events

            AUGUST

            . SPCA at Rita's Water Ice - 12th
            . SPCA at Vineland Farmers Market - 12th
            . SPCA at Garoppos - 19th
            . SPCA at Rita's Water Ice - 26th
            . SPCA at Vineland Farmers Market - 26th

            September

            . SPCA at Vineland Farmers Market - 2nd
            . Volunteer Meeting @ Shelter -6th
            . Dogwash - 9th
            . SPCA at Garoppos - 16th
            . SPCA at Vineland Farmers Market - 16th
            . SPCA at Vineland Farmers Market - 23rd
            . Pet-A-Palooza - 30th

For more information about any of these events please visit our website
at www.ccspca.petfinder.org