From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:22:43 +0000
More negative reporting of ferrets I spotted an item on ananova.com (a
news site) telling how Ben Stiller needed a rabies shot after being
bitten by a ferret on the set of Along Came Polly.

>"He did this crazy turn around thing and he literally attached himself
>to my chin and then he didn't let go. He was holding onto my chin.
>I had to get a rabies shot. I didn't provoke him at all.
>
>"Their teeth are sharp, like razors. I mean they're rat-like creatures.
>It was a horrible experience."

Maybe the arrogance of Hollywood is showing here, where they are
surprised that a sentient creature reacts to being used as a "prop".

I am disturbed at the apparent ignorance of Stiller, (the "rat like
creature" comment), seems to me that someone obviously so ignorant of
the creatures background and likes shouldnt have been handling it in the
first place, I wonder was it being held correctll, or was it experiencing
discomfort or fear due to bad handling?

Its time Hollywood and other media operations were forced to give more
consideration to the creatures they exploit in persuit of ever greater
profits.

I note no mention was made of any consequences suffered by the ferret in
question, I only hope that this wasnt seens as a reason to murder another
healthy animal whose "crime" may have been that of reacting to a
situation that it was uncomfortable in / fearful of

I hope that the ferret (assuming it is still alive) was examined by a
vet to ensure it wasnt exposed to any nasty illnesses when it bit this
worthless individual.

And yes I have been bitten on countless occasions by "Biteyweezil"
(Rhoobarb) after 2 years in my care she doesnt chomp down as she once did
but still from time to time forgets herself in play leaving me leaking
profusely... shes improving..  but slowly..  and not a drop of bitter
apple in sight...

My thoughts to those with sick or departed wacky wardancers

Cris Page &
Skweek (Spookydook) & Rhoobarb biteyweezil) (in mourning)
Remembering
Custard (Cussie(angel)weezil) sister of Rhoobarb.
Bubbles(Da Warweezil)First Ferret par excellence, Leader of the
Furkidz.
Best regards,
Cris
mailto:[log in to unmask]