From:
Heather Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:20:15 -0400
Some months ago, several people had posted that there was a pair of
domestic ferrets at the Franklin Park Zoo being kept in a small,
inadequate habitat with long, untrimmed nails and a vareity of vegetation
in their feeding dish.

Does anyone know if the situation has improved at all??  Off-list I had
advised the posters to contact the zoo, contact local animal welfare
organizations, and also to alert MaFF (Massachusetts Ferret Friends) to
the situation because they are located in that area.  I'm wondering if
any of that helped and if the ferrets are still being kept in por
conditions and being fed the wrong food.

If nothing's been followed up on, I'll plan a trip out there myself and
check it out, so if anyone has any updates or has seen the ferrets lately,
I'd like to know.  I won't have ferrets being kept that way by a zoo that
my tax dollars pay for, and if nothing's been done I will do something!

Thanks,
Heather W. in Massachusetts