Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 00:54:06 +0000
To the guy looking for a water bottle...I found a GREAT water bottle that I
don't know how anyone could live without.  It's a "flat-bac" water bottle
made from Super Pet.  They sell them in the pet stores rather high, and I've
only seen them in 4, 8 or 16 oz in the pet store.  I however found one
online at www.marineaquatics.com that is 32 oz for around $4.  The site is
hard to navigate, you end up at a LONG list of products with no description,
grouped by brand..so head down to Pets International or Super Pet and you
will see the name Flat-Bac Water bottle 32oz.  This site also has all the
eight and one and marshal products at great cost, and if you order $50 or
more there is no shipping...I love this company even though their site sucks
and you ahve to know what you're looking for.  I only wish they had TF!
Well the bottle itself is flat on the back and attaches to the cage with a
large plastic bracket.  The nozzle is on a suctioned rubber cap that fits
snuggly inside the bottle (instead of a screwed on lid) and the mouth
doesn't leak once the initial water has dripped out and the "vacuum action"
has started.  There is also a little floating yellow duck to show you the
water level.  There was a similar product in the last modern ferret, though
it was selling for a bit more.  It's a GREAT investment.

As for the lady who lost her ferret under the washer/dryer..I know exactly
how you feel!  My little digger had dug enough insulation out from between
the dishwasher and the cabinet to squeeze through the opening and into the
bottom part of the dishwasher!  It took me forever to figure out where he
was and an act of congress to get him out.  Then to show me how clever he
was he went and did the same thing under the stove the next night!  Ever
since then the kitchen has been strictly off limits.  I would really like to
get one of those clear plexi-glass bendable things that go in the doorway
that they sell in modern ferret.  I just can't believe they are $55 a piece
plus shipping, that's as much as a cage, but they look really neat.  maybe
we'll get lucky and they'll run a christmas special.

Well, happy dooking!
Shaeryn & Crew