From:
Marcy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Dec 1994 16:56:32 -0500
After reading Kim's message about her veggie kids, I thought I would pass
the word on about my two veggies as well.  Abercrombie and Fitch, although
they eat a meat-based science diet cat food, never touch any other form of
meat.  Although that might have a little to do with the fact that I myself
am a vegetarian, their food habits seem their choice rather than anything I
have imposed on them.  My boyfriend isn't a vegetarian, and has offered
chicken to them on occasion, and they have always refused.  They prefer the
things that Kim mentioned--granola, vegetables, BANANAS!!!, and dried
fruit.  My colleagues give me a hard time about it, since I'm an
ecologist/field biologist they accuse me of raising a carnivore without
being supportive of their natural tendencies.  All I can tell them is that
at my house, their natural tendency is to raid the crisper if I leave the
refrigerator door open, dive into my breakfast cereal, or to climb on the
kitchen table to steal bananas.

On another note, Abercrombie and Fitch enjoyed their first Christmas party
last night.  Abie was the life of the party when he realized that mom had
actually PUT OUT PLATES OF FOOD IN THE LIVING ROOM THAT HE COULD REACH!!!!
My guests kept slipping him treats (multiply that by about 30 guests and
you get one very chubby, yet satisfied ferret). Fitch was more subtle,
preferring to corner one guest at a time.  Needless to say, both went to
sleep with visions of sugarplums, and amazingly stayed asleep until noon
the next day.

:)  Marcy and the party animals (Abercrombie and Fitch)