From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2014 22:08:39 -0400
Dear Mom,

I'm not sure how this happened but I went to sleep for my afternoon
nap, and I woke up in a very strange place. I was dreaming I was
flying, but ferrets don't fly, and I woke up sleeping on some soft
white stuff. It was very comfy and very snuggly and I just pulled it
up to my chin. It was soooo soft and warm. As I opened my eyes, I saw
a man with wings standing near me with a big book.

I got up and stretched, first the feet then the tail and then I stood
up, and I was hip deep in a soft puffy bed. The man was smiling now,
and writing in a big book. I watched as he put the book down, got up
and came over and picked me up. He was very nice and had big white
wings. He had me paw print the book on his desk and asked if I was
hungry and did I have family here.

"My family was somewhere else I told him and at first I was scared.
This place was all so new. I just remember being at home with you and
going to sleep. I never felt a thing until I woke up here. The nice man
with the wings told me I was at the Rainbow Bridge and I would stay
here until you came to get me. After he signed me in, I was going to
be in the lodge until I find out where there are other ferrets I know
are living.

A real nice boy ferret named Oliver came to help me get settled in my
room. He said he came here a long time ago from a rescue. He didn't
have any family so he took a job helping other ferrets get settled and
has worked here ever since.

Like all the other ferret kids here in the lodge, I miss you Mom. I
didn't get a chance to say good-bye because I did not know I was
leaving. Instead, Oliver said I'll live on in your heart with the other
ferrets you loved, and living in your heart, I am never far away".

"Oh, here comes that nice kid Oliver again. We are going to find
my fellow ferrets. I have so much to tell them and we will all be
thinking about you".

"Hi Miss Izzy," Oliver greeted the new arrival. "What is that you are
writing?"

"I'm writing to my Mom telling her, I'm here and safe," Miss Izzy said.
"How can I get this to her, I don't know how to mail it?"

"Don't worry Miss Izzy, Oliver said. "I'll have Bluebird get Twinkling
Star and he will drop your letter into your Mom's heart tonight while
she is sleeping. She will know you love her and are here at The Rainbow
Bridge happy to wait for her. Let's go see if we can find your family.
They sure will be surprised. And ah, if you ever need any help with
anything, I'm Oliver and I would be glad to help you out between jobs.
Just go to the gate and ask The Receiving Angel, the man with the
wings, and he will send Blue Bird for me."

At that moment, Bluebird arrived riding on the tip of a big yellow
star. "Miss Izzy" she chirped. "Tell Twinkling Star where your Mom
lives so he can be on his way." I had never seen a star so close but
he was very handsome. He took my letter in one point and looked at the
address. "Oh yes," he said. "I know right where that is."

With that Bluebird jumped off, and Twinkle jumped up into the night sky
and was soon twinkling out of sight. Oliver yawned and I was so tired
we decided to look for my other ferrets tomorrow. I went back to my
bedroom, and Oliver had called in a big cloud for me to sleep on. I
thanked him and snuggled down thinking of my old home and my human
family.

"I love you Mom, I'm sending you fuzzy hugs and whiskered kisses and
for now, good night."

When Oliver arrived home, No 421 was waiting for him.

"I saved you some supper," he said. "When The Receiving Angel said
you'd be late, I ate my supper and put yours in the oven. Now, sit
down and tell me all about her.

While Oliver ate, No. 421 took down his Log Book and wrote, Miss Izzy
has arrived, another mission completed at The Rainbow Bridge.