From:
Kimberly Tabickman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 22:03:04 -0700
Hi all-
One of my new babies, Puff, absolutely refuses to eat anything but Cat Chow.
I got him from someone who had found him wandering around in her basement,
so I don't know what he was used to eating or how old he is.  He had been
with the lady for a week and had been eating the Science Diet she fed her
cats, but he won't eat that now.  He also refuses Iams kitten, Science diet
kitten, pro plan, 8in1 ferret, and a high protein brand I found in the
grocery store called Carnivore.  He has put on a bit of weight since I have
had him but is still very thin, so I would love it if he would eat a better
food, but he won't!  He also hates ferretone, baby food, nutrical, refuses
all treats.

I know cat chow is not the best food for him, but will it harm him?  I don't
know how to get him to eat anything else.  Other than being on the thin side
he is healthy.

If anyone knows about the long term effects of a cat chow diet, or has
suggestions on ways to get him to try other foods let me know.

I never knew ferrets barked!  I surprised Buttons today when I caught her
going through the trash and she barked at me and ran behind the couch.

Kim, Buttons, and Puff