From:
DOOK-WOOF-DOOK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:56:36 -0500
If you read her post, these are not transactional (meaning you don't bid
on the animals).  They are just to spread the word about the animal which
is up for adoption.

Here is the letter:
Dear Pets Community Members-

We are hoping to launch a Live Pets Classified Format early next year.
The listings would not be transactional and there would only be a listing
fee.  We are also looking into allowing non-profit animal shelters to
list animals for adoption for free.

I would love to know what our active community members think about this
new category.  We are also considering Pet Services in this format as
well - grooming, walking, etc.

Please feel free to reply to this thread or email me directly at

Thanks!
Lori Pretzer
Pet Supplies Category Manager

Personally, I think this is a wonderful opportunity.  Do you know how
many hits are on the ebay web page each day?  To spread the word about
shelters, vs.someone going to a petstore to purchase their ferrets and
promoting a Farm bred/raised ferret who's health and longevity is not
taken into consideration, is great.  There are a lot of people out there
who have no idea that ferret rescues exist.  They know about dog and cat
rescues, but not ferret rescues.  You can also EDUCATE in your ad, by
putting one good tip about ferrets.  We do this on our Petfinder web
page.  If it helps 2 people, hey, I have done a good job.  I always put
Hairball medication tips out there, because you would be surprised by
the number of people who own ferrets and don't realize they need hairball
treatment.

Anyway.......Great Idea Ebay........As long as they continue not to sell
them, just let us advertize for free!

Marguerite and the TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Crew

Life is not how many breaths you take, but
how many times it takes your breath away...
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm
Aloha Ferrets Ebay Store