From:
Julie Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 01:04:34 -0700
Several years ago, my hunny and I made our first pick-up for 24 Carat
Ferret.  We arrived indignant and self-righteous.......to find a sweet
little old blind lady and her seeing-eye dog, with a pair of ferts her
daughter had dumped on her.  Poor things hadn't been out of their cage
for two months.  (You think YOU have trouble finding your ferrets?!?!)
We took them home for a few days, since CJ was swamped, as usual.  Well,
she's still up to her butt in ferrets, and anyway, we AIN'T giving them
back!  BTW that was our first and last pick-up.  We aren't good at
'fostering' either, heeheehee.

The big beautiful albino became Space Ghost...if you've ever seen the
cartoon, you know why.  His buddy, a dark-dark-dark little sable became
Brak, 'cause he was the sweet one.  Two weeks ago, Brak began losing
weight.  We took him to the vet when it became apparent it wasn't his
usual summer loss.  His blood sugar was 37.  He is scheduled for
insulinoma surgery this week.  Please keep him in your thoughts........
It nearly breaks my heart to see him begging for treats.  I give them to
the others separately, and all Brak gets is duck soup.  Does anyone know
of a tasty sugar-free treat that is appropriate for insulinomic ferts?
(Besides Totally Ferret, he won't touch them.)

Thanx for being here!

Julie & the Woozles
21stCenturyFerret.com
"Ferrety stuff for ferrety people"
Dedicated to the support of
24 Carat Ferret Rescue & Shelter, Las Vegas