From:
"Jonathan R. Mason" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 08:44:16 -0800
I was wondering if I had the only ferret that squeeked.  Now I know, I'm not
alone.  Flavio squeeks quit often especially when you pick him up.  I know
we are not hurting him, he just squeeks!  It's a real cute sound but since
he is a rehabilitated face biter, having just been released from the Betty
Ford Clinic for Habitual Face Biters, I tend to let him go shortly after
squeeking.  I have also heard him squeek to other ferrets.  Since every time
the Ferretone gets low, I add olive oil to it, I think its almost entirely
olive oil now, I tried applying ferretone to Flavio internally to oil the
squeek, but that only depleated my supply of ferretone.

Also, Victorino is a tail wagger.  I have seen him wag his tail when he is
very excited and aggitated over a new situation and also at play with the
other ferrets.  He also thinks his diet should consist of Milky Way candy
bars, peaches and pears.  He's not really into anything nutricious
like.....ferret food or kitten food.  He thinks I'm over-reacting to his
choice of foods.

Oh, and one more thing; I must dissaggree with Pam Grant's statement that
hunting ferrets might be a cause for husband to clean litter boxes.  This
implies that might be the ONLY cause for a husband to clean litter boxes.
This is a misconception!  It is almost as essential for a husband to clean
the litter boxes as it is essential for the ferrets to use the litter boxes.
Otherwise, who do you think is gonna get stuck with all that cleaning?  We
all know that the kids who promised to do all the feeding and cleaning and
watering and loving of all the animals you were gulliable enough to accquire
suddenly have homework that simply MUST be done right when the litter boxes
need to be cleaned, even though its not due till next Monday.  So let me
restate: train husbands early on to clean those litter pans so you can take
that well deserved extra 10 minutes to recooperate from the stress of your
day.

(P.S. This last bit was tongue in cheek.  I really did understand what
Pam Grant was saying)

Tiger, mother of the vandettas de muchachos:
Smudge:  "Mom, why do I have to go get fixed?  I'm not broken."
Flavio:  "I wanna go see Smudge get fixed!"
Anna MaWheeee:  "Nobody's gonna take me anywhere!"
Victorino:  "Why do I have to go?  I was fixed once already."