Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 23:02:48 -0400
Jerry's adrenal and insulinoma surgery went well today.  She seemed
especially strong and alert this morning, which helped us feel optimistic as
we dropped her off for surgery.  Of course we were very worried, but she
seemed to have a much better chance now than two weeks ago when she was so
weak.  Her adrenal tumor was on the left side, thank goodness, so it was
easy to remove.  She also had three insulinoma tumors and part of her
pancreas removed.  She is in a lot of pain tonight; I wish animals were
given post-operative pain relief like human people are.  We're going to keep
her in our room tonight (despite my asthma) so we can check on her
frequently.  I hope she'll feel better and stronger tomorrow.

We survived our first ferret surgery, thanks to Dr. Charles Weiss.  His
compassion, accessibility, knowledge, and skill are impressive.

Clare and Bill Sebok