From:
Fai McCabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 20:29:33 -0700
I have always wanted to be owned by a ferret.  This summer I took the
plunge!  In July I found Follie, who had been returned to a pet store,
and a month later found Edgar and Dahli by way of an ad in the paper.
What a delightful trio!  Follie had been an only ferret, about 2 years
old, and Edgar and Dahli were littermates a little over one year old.  I
was very concerned about how they would adjust to each other, but they
took to each other right away!  By the first night they formed a huge
fuzz-pile, and although they do spend time away from each other, they
seem genuinely thrilled to be reunited again.  Follie took both of them
around, doing her dooking thing, to show them all the neat stuff.  They
discovered a few things on their own, and took her around to show her
what they had found, and the toys they had brought with them!  What fun!
We have a big white furry rug upstairs that they believe is theirs.  They
tunnel in the fur and have their ferretwars.  Very intense.  So funny to
see them all backing away in three different directions, all three mouths
open.  Edgar is the biggest, and sometimes Dahli and Follie both drag him
down together, forming a wriggling squirming ball of grey fur on the
white rug.  When everyone wants to find a place to bed down, they climb
in the wicker picnic basket for the ride down the stairs to their weazel
condo in the family room.  After dinner and naps its time to climb back
in their wicker elevator to go back to play!  They come to check on me
while I'm working on my drawings.  I pick each one up and each one gives
me ideas of what colors to use, or what really needs to be in my picture.
Mostly they want me to draw THEM, or to try to convince me that my pencil
is the toy they have ALWAYS wanted!  Needless to say, my artwork is going
very slowly because I have to stop and enjoy their fluid motion!  What a
joy they are!

Fai and the three easel weasles,
Follie, Edgar and Dahli