Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2007 23:25:00 -0400
Well, here we go again, waay too soon......

I'm still about 13 fml's behind due to surgery,..so my prayers &
thoughts go out to all who have lost or are nursing sick furries.....
and to those who have lost more than one in a short period of time,...
God Bless you!,...I now know how that feels. "Tyler", my oldest of my
'seniors', passed calmly in his sleep on 8/8/07.

"TY" was my first sable of the 3 before him, He came to me from my "big
hearted", animal loving, Horse owner, Sister, along with "Jason", my
cinnamon who passed unexpectedly at age 3. My 'last' (I thought),
"Jocko", was only buried for three days before in walked my Sis, with
these two kits from Petco......I vehemently told her "NO", don't open
the box,....I wasn't even over grieving for "Jocko" yet!.....Too
late,....out popped a large cinnamon head, and a slimmer sable
face,......no use fighting it....scooped 'em up, and teared up and
smiled! I really wasn't ready for more, but here they were.

"Tyler" never had a sick day in his life,....grew larger, became the
eventual 'boss' of the now 5,...(fert math),...and was the only fert
who loved to ride on my shoulder, w/o help! He'd climb up my leg to
reach it! He had started to slow up a bit, about 6months ago, vet said
could find nothing wrong,...just getting older & slower. For his last
six days, he would only take water by syringe, soup, and 'vite,.....
and on Tuesday the 7th, wouldn't take anything,...not even the 'evil'
peeled raisin, which he would normally knock you over to get to it. All
he wanted to do was get back under the warm bedding, that night with a
dose of Dexamethasone, which seemed to calm him & his organs. The next
day, I awoke & went straight to his bed,....no change,....still no
water or food..........He wanted to come out, I threw a blanket over my
shoulder, as he had lost control of his bodily functions days before,
and he crawled up to 'under' my chin, then beside my neck, under my
ear. He was never a cuddler, so this was an "oh God, not again"
reaction by me. He slept there for over an hour, then just wanted back
into his sleepsack,...after his Dex. The next morning, as I had feared,
he had passed. He still had that 'warm & comfy' look on his face as he
had the night before when I tucked him in,...closed eyes,...almost a
smile on his face!

I had been telling him about the Rainbow Bridge for the last 3 days,
and that it was 'ok' to go,....I'll always be with him! I can only
thank God that he passed in his sleep, apparently 'gently into that
goodnight', ....not as my "Bear" had one month before.

"Lukey" left me on Feb.9th, "Bear" on July 8th, and now, my "Ty-Guy" on
Aug. 8th,........and then there were 2. My little albino girl, "Ruby",
at 7yrs old, had lived with these 3 seniors ever since she came here
from the spca, 6yrs ago......guess I'll have to be with her much more,
one on one, for quite a while, as "Katie", my little Katrina rescue,
hates other ferts......I'm going to do my best 'again' to get them
together!

MUSTEY-PETE, SARAFERRET, and all the bridge greeters, please watch out
for a very proud & wonderful sable, carrying some raisins, his toys,
and two "grapes" with him, looking for all his pals, & mine,....Pooky,
Scooter, Jocko, Jason, Misty, Lukey, & Bear! He'll be wearing his
beautiful,full coat, which he has never taken off for anything!!
Oh,...and there are NO tatoos on his ears! It's a good thing!.......

Dooks to all who have lost their ferret friends,.......soon we will all
be re-united again,....never to be separated again!

Take care all,.....

John & the n.j. gang of '2',........USA. I love you, Tyler.........

john rich