From:
Shele Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:07:01 -0500
Well, this morning while my son was getting ready for school Bubba was
running around his cage and letting us know very loudly he wanted out.
I can't do that because then the human kids won't get out the door for
school. lol  They get too involved in playing with Bubba and Oscar and
miss the bus.  All of a sudden I hear a noise that is unfamiliar to me.
Bubba squealed so loudly it scared me.  (The most noise he makes is a
hissing sound)  I ran over there to see what the problem is and take him
out of the cage to hold him.  His heart is going about 90 miles an hour.
Didn't see anything right away.  Felt some wet and thought maybe he peed
himself or something.  Put him back in the cage and notice blood on my
hand and on my shirt.  So I take him out again and do a more thorough
exam.  He had ripped his toenail off completely.  He had caught it on one
of the rings to hold the cage together.  So now we get to visit the vet
again today.  Poor little guy.  I had to give him some peanut butter on
spoon so I could get it cleaned up and stop the bleeding.

He probably now is thinking "Hmmmm.,,, have to get hurt more often.
P. butter is soooo yummy"  I hope not.  Now we are going to go through
the cage and tighten all those little rings and attachment parts to make
sure this doesn't happen again.  I just trimmed his nails last night too.
Go figure!

We got some ferret food called Fort-diet by Kaytee.  Let me tell you it
makes their poop smell awful.  We couldn't figure out why I can change
their cage and clean it daily and we still gag on the smell.  Then one
day I smelled their food.  Wow found the smell.  Guess I am gonna have to
do some mixing to help a little.  They love the food.  It goes pretty
quick.  Bubba I think likes it cuz he loves the garbage smell to it.  He
is a garbage freak.  lol

Shele
Bubba and Oscar  (No shots today please.  Thats all those vets like to =
do to us when we go in there)