From:
Vicki Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:45:36 -0800
Just sharing --

Back in October '10 we were asked to rescue 2 ferrets within 2 weeks of
each other. Both were boys - one abandoned in a rental house and one
hanging out in the surrenderers' neighbors' garage, chowing down on cat
food. Both were about 1-2 years old and they looked almost like mirror
twins. They were both adopted by a lady on Galveston who has become a
friend over the years.

Fast forward to earlier this week. On a dog/cat Rescue board I read
a post asking that we check out a Pet's Prayer poem on a Cat Rescue
site. The poster, a very kind foster mom, admitted she had not written
the poem and hoped the author did not mind her posting the poem and
adjusting it to work for all animals - I too hope the real author does
not mind, but if s/he does I'm sure it will be removed immediately.

Along with the poem are paintings this lady has made of a cat, dog,
horse and rabbit. Alas, there was no ferret portrait displayed. So I
emailed her and in my message I told her that I hoped someday she would
include, on her page, a ferret, the 3rd most popular pet mammal in the
U.S.

She emailed me back ... she really is so very nice... and told me that
if I provided her with a picture that she would paint it and post it on
her page. Not having easy access to any pictures that I felt would do I
emailed my Galveston friend who provided some beauties - then she sent
one last head shot. I sent all of her pictures, including the final
head shot, on and the final result can be seen at
http://www.cathappy.net/petprayer.htm

I think she did a great job - and her painting looks just like the
picture - the final head shot. Warm fuzzies to you all

Vicki

Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue
Greater Houston/Galveston Texas