From:
Another Ferret Mom & Dad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 20:35:22 -0400
Our Georgie is doing great, thank you all for your numerous email inquiring
about him, it was appreciated.  He is eating, playing, even pretty much
adapted to having five other ferrets in the same house to share toys and
things with.  The only problem, and I'm hoping someone has gone through
this and can tell me what worked for them, is that I have the Deluxe Multi
Floor super pet home, the one with the comfort shelves, and the tubes to go
up and down to each level.  Well, George goes from the bottom floor up to
the second floor, and then that's it.  He can't seem to figure out there
are more floors, and he will NOT, no way at all, go DOWN the tubes to get
to the litter pan or food floor.

Right now he's been staying in his own cage that came with him, because
I don't want Sharkie picking on him during the night when I can't stop
something, plus, with him not going down the tubes in the cage, he will
poop right there on the floor that he is on.  He will stay on the second
floor, sleep in the cube, but when he wakes up he will not go down the
tube, he just pees and poops there on that floor.

We've tried coaxing him with his favorite treat, raisins, put our hand
through the tube to show him, we even thought that by him watching the
other ferrets go up and down them he'd catch on, but he hasn't.  Has anyone
else ever had this problem?  What did you do that worked to get your fert
to go down them?  He is use to a one level cage, so I can understand him
not understanding to go up to other levels, but then again, he see' the
others going up, so I'm confused.  Any suggestions are appreciated.
Otherwise, he is doing great, he's not as shy as he was when he first came
and has really opened up, it's such a pleasure having him with us.

Thank you all for your time.
Another Ferret Mom & Dad