From:
Dag & Catherine Bergrud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 00:17:41 -0600
Howdy Ya'll,

It seems we often discuss the negative when talking about pet stores,
especially PetCo, so I though it only fair to mention a very positive
experience I had at the PetCo on Ashland Blvd. (3200 North I believe) in
Chicago.

There are currently 2 ferrets for sale at that store, both MF, females,
approx.  8 months old.  Until a week ago there had been three (yay to the
boy who found a home.) I've seen and played with these kits several times,
the last being a little over a month ago.  My last visit they were friendly
and healthy but had only a food dish and water bottle in the tank.  This
visit they had that, ample bedding, 4 toys and a cozy sleep sack.  While I
was there the stores new manager allowed me to hold and play with the girls
supervising me for the first 5 minutes to ensure that I could handle the
girls properly.  After she had assessed that I wouldn't harm the girls she
actually encouraged me to play with them for a while as all the critters
need love.  While I was there one of the girls caught a nail on the fleece
in the sleep sack and after calling Donnas attention to the matter she
IMMEDIATELY fetched the nail clippers and we trimmed the nails.  (The front
paws were already neatly trimmed, it was just the back claws that needed a
little clipping.) Donna has only had the store for a week and she is doing
an excellent job.  After that horrible experience at the Petco in Skokie it
is wonderful to see a manager (and her staff) treat the animals in their
care with respect and affection rather than just a commodity to be sold.

And of course if anyone in the Chicagoland area is aching to give into
ferret math (after checking out the GCFA shelter of course) there are two
wonderful little ferrets that need homes at this PetCo.

Best wishes,
Cate & Vinnie Jr..