From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 19:23:37 -0400
We also belong to a Cat club and found this in some old mail.  Thought maybe
someone on this list might get some relief from it as our hearts go out each
and every day for all those we have waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

>Rainbow Bridge Ceremony Information
>From: [log in to unmask]
The Candle Ceremony and the Bridge List are open to all who wish to
participate.  The Candles are lit every Monday evening at 10:00 pm EST.  The
Ceremony Test is printed each week, but anyone may feel free to adjust the
Ceremony to their personal beliefs and/or needs.  Oftentimes people will add
extra candles for a "little extra glow" to send to a special furbaby
somewhere or will leave the Candles lit after the Ceremony itself is
concluded.  Others may not feel comfortable with the text, but will
improvise in lighting the candles as their emotions and needs that week may
dictate.  This is fine, as the idea here is to unite us as one Family in the
warmth and the glow of the Candles and to feel the love and the compassion
coming from around the world yet recognizing that each person involved is an
individual who must still grieve and heal in their own fashion.  If you
would like to have a Bridge Baby added to the Bride List or have a furbaby
who is ill or missing and in need of the Glow, please send email to Cazoo.
Say a friend in her cat club sent you.  I live in CACA land and can't give
my name to very many people.  And, please, after the List is posted if there
is a typo or some wrong information, let her know....She will be happy to
correct it.

WE GATHER TOGETHER TO REMEMBER OUR ANIMALS
Tonight, Monday, we join hands, hearts and souls across the land as one
large extended family to pray for our sick and dying pets and to pay tribute
to our furbabies who have gone ahead to Rainbow Bridge.  Someday, we will
meet them again, with hugs and tears and kisses as we walk together.  Until
that blessed day, we honor these precious souls and remember them with the
warm glow of flickering candles, sending a message of love, light and
healing, and the faith to believe in miracles.  PRAYER: God, Creator of all
living things, we ask that as we light our candles, the healing warmth of
love will flow into the brokenhearted who are tending to their ailing pets.
Give to them Your strength and comfort.  We also pray that the soft glow of
light will part the clouds of grief and sorrow to surround our furbabies at
the Bridge.  May excitement REIGN SUPREME as wagging tails and ecstatic
purrs feel our gentle touch once again.  May they know the gratitude we hold
in our hearts for their faithfulness and gift of unconditional love as they
are forever remembered.  We are temporarily separated for only a short
while.  The silver cord that connects us through time and space can never be
broken.  Amen.

Candle 1: Personal Furbaby.  Say anything you wish to say and/or:
 I will not look back for there is sorrow.
 I will not look for today, for there is longing.
 I will look forward for there is OUR tomorrow.

Candle 2: Furbabies of friends and family (There is a list published weekly
of the new additions to the Bridge List (those who have gone to Rainbow
Bridge) and those who are ill.  As we meet here, our Bridgekids will be
meeting the newcomers, easing their way.  The warmth of the light will give
peace to those who are suffering.)

Candle 3: For acknowledgement and peace In honor of all the homeless,
forgotten/abandoned, abused animals.  For the nameless furchildren who gave
their lives for others for research as a result of humankind's inhumanity.
May the Higher Powers that be forgive the cruelty.  We light this candle for
them.

Additional Candles(s) as you prefer.  Anything you wish to say.

As our lights shine brightly through the galaxy, may the angels smile upon
us, and know that for a brief moment, we have put aside worldly differences
to bond as ONE.

Closing: I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force you to stay.

Moment of silence.

"Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted."

LOVE, LIGHT AND HEALING TO ALL. AMEN.

The candles being lit tonight
Cast a soft and welcome flame
And draw our loved ones to the light
As we call to them by name.
Imagine spirits taking flight
For a moment our souls entwine;
Say not Good Night, but in some
Brighter Time
Bid them all-
Good Morning.

For those of our fuzzies, cats, dogs, etc. that are lost........There's a
homepage on the net for lost and found pets.
The address is http://www.acmepet.com/classifieds/index.html#lost
It lists lost pets around the whole country.

Cheers, Chuckles, dooks and a howl from the crew..........
Rascal, Pogo, Brandy, May-wee, Lobo and their mama too!