Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:43:36 -0700
I found our original zferret, ZoE, in her hammock this afternoon, where
she died in her sleep.  She was about 3 1/2 years old -- a blaze Marshall
with Waardenburg's.  She's the first ferret I met when we moved to Idaho,
and she and her sister, Zima, were the first two we acquired right after
moving up here from California.  ZoE loved playing with our big black
cat, Cassie (who outweighed her by 10 pounds!) and the two of them had
some pretty epic play session.  I think in her mind, ZoE thought she was
bigger than Cassie!  But Zima, her sister, would always remind her who
our alpha ferret was.

About 6 months after we got the girls, we brought home big Zeek.  ZoE let
him know his place, but once Zeek got bigger, it was clear he was the No.
2 ferret.  Then we brought home goofy Zumu, and ZoE didn't need to put
him in his place... he got along with everyone.

Zoe was a sweet girl with an attitude.  She was our stunt ferret, and
loved to bite my husband's feet while we were cleaning their cage.  She'd
lunge at him to let him know she wanted to wrestle, and she was a
big-time stasher of food.  She loved yogurt drops and playing tug of war.

I'm really not sure what else to say about her.  She's the first pet I've
lost since I had to put my dog to sleep 11 years ago.  I've got a tribute
to her here
http://homepage.mac.com/bobaferret/iblog/B1704987471/C340989230/
E1517154003/index.html
in my online journal if you need some more information about her.  I need
to track down some more pictures of her, and take more time for
reflection.

Sandee, please make sure ZoE has plenty of room to run and frolick, and
has a nice hammock with three other cuddly ferrets to snuggle up with.
One of her favorite things was to pile into one hammock with the rest of
our crew.  She won't know any ferrets when she gets to the bridge, so if
you can help her get in touch with my old cat, Samantha, and my dog,
Lady, I think she might feel a bit better.

Goodnight, ZoE.

Jennifer Kryder
and the zferrets: Zima, Zeek and Zumu=