From:
Kate Pappas Rainier Beach Public Library <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 12:46:37 -0700
Hi all,

Just wanted to take a minute to introduce my new owners and describe how
they have tastefully re-decorated my home.

Monty (short for Montgomery) is a big beautiful classic sable with a white
throat patch, a double chin, and a sweet expression--and huge feet.  He is
strong and sturdy and a snuggledy-kissy-bub.

Madison (now nicknamed "Scooter" for the adorable way he loves to steal
things by flinging himself upon them--like a swimming kid on a kick
board--and scooching backwards) is an ebony sable mitt with long, fine,
silky hair, shoe-button eyes and a black button nose that looks like it
has shoe polish on it!  He seems to have springs on his feet.

(what--you've never heard of an ebony mitt?  Well, you have now; admit it,
you didn't have any problems picturing him--he is jet-black and snow-white
and when he's keyed-up his paw pads show through his mitts as pink as
bubble gum!)

They have arranged the living room with countless tasteful sock toys, three
big paper bags, three small paper bags, two baby-buntings, two infant
sleep-sacks, two pop-12-pack boxes, three cereal boxes, one cracker box,
one squirrel puppet, one polar-bear-pajama-bag, one plastic Sfeway bag with
holes ripped in it to make sure it is safe (I keep my eye on this one and
don't let them take it under anything), several Ping-pong balls, and
I-don't-know-how-many sproinged cardboard tubes (you know the kind I
mean--towel, tissue, and wrapping-paper tubes which have been unraveled so
they look like fat paper springs!)

Last but not least, there is Sproingy Bird and Little Stuffed Rabbit.

All of these articles must be constantly re-arranged, carried and carted
from one locale to another, for reasons known only to ferrets.

ditto the couch cushions and slip-cover--silly me, I *will* straighten them,
and the two blankets as well--but the ferrets are quick to push them out of
the way!

There are also countless TF crunchies and bits of dead-Cheweasels hidden in
corners, under things, and inside things.  Did you know that you can rinse
a dusty Cheweasel off and it'll look as good as new?  I told my guys they
had to keep the Cheweasels in the cage or the big cardboard coffee-table
box with the krinkle-sack--but did they listen?

They have left the dryer-hose-tunnel exactly where I put it--perhaps because
I wedged it securely past the cage corners.  Or perhaps because they have
decided it should stay where it is?

Humans are permitted one clear pathway from the kitchen ferret-Dutch-door
through the living room, up the stairs to the upstairs ferret-Dutch-door.

ah yes, Martha Stewart is invited over any time to see this amazing
interior-decorating job!  Fortunately my husband is an understanding man
and he loves those two mischief-makers.  People who visit can immediately
tell that one of two things is possible:

        a) ferrets live here    or
        b) a hurricane has gone through the living room

Since we don't get hurricanes in Seattle--just earthquakes and rain--
obviously a) is the correct choice!

Kate, presently owned by Madison and Montgomery
        ("We'll show Martha Stewart what a house *should* look like!")