From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 12:03:34 -0500
Ferret Myth #1
Ferrets do not go on their bedding.

I have been trying to get my ferrets to adapt to a slightly smaller
litterbox.  I was thinking this was a good idea since we have (and
apparently need) a litterbox on all 4 levels of the cage.  Less litterbox
space means more space for everything (and everyfuzzie) else.  I started
with only the litterbox on the top level.

Too discourage the poop in the corner, I piled a nice cushy blanket into
the forbidden corner next to the litterbox (the old litterboxes took up
two corners - this one only one corner).  I've had a few celebratory
moments when I would come home to find that a fuzzie had (miracously!)
used the new smaller litterbox.  Often the entire level is ignored, and
no one goes to the "test" level at all.  Not last night, this morning I
woke to a nice little pile of poop right on top of the nice fluffy
blanket (sigh).

Oh well (-:
Risa