From:
"A. Abate/C. Kinsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 19:27:48 EDT
Please note that the Black-footed Ferret Web Page has a new address.  It can
now be reached at: http://www.acmeferret.com/saveBFFs

We have been informed that this address is case-sensitive, so be sure to
enter it as written above.  We urge all who are interested and concerned
with the plight of the BFF to access this site.  In particular, we recommend
that you read our BFF history entitled, "The Black-footed Ferret: A Natural
and Unnatural History." For those who have been led by government agencies,
zoos, or other organizations to believe that all has been rosy with the BFF
recovery effort and that it has been happily progressing along, our BFF
history will shock you in its presentation of what has really transpired.
We regret that it is not a pleasant story, but we deal in reality and
believe that the public deserves to hear the truth rather than fairy tales.
Much of what is contained in our BFF history is based on our first-hand work
and experiences during the time we ran the Pueblo BFF research facility.
From our work with this species, we heartily believe that the story of the
BFF can have a happy ending, but it will take some major changes in the way
the recovery effort is being run to achieve this.  Getting truthful
information out to the public is an important ingredient in affecting the
necessary changes, and it is towards this end that we have invested the time
and effort in writing our BFF history.  We have included information that
will help you to make more educated analyses and assessments of results and
information you may hear from the Recovery Program.  Questions and comments
to us are welcomed and appreciated.

Within the next several days we will post on the FML a few comparative
points about the behavior of BFF's and domestic ferrets that readers may
find interesting.

Andy Abate & Carolyn Kinsey
Co-Founders: Society for the Protection and Conservation of the Black-footed
Ferret