Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:50:53 -0500
Greetings all.

In September we had to say goodbye to our little Minx who was diagnosed
with ADV the February prior.  She did very well until late August then
tumbled downhill until we had to make the decision to let her go.  She
fought hard!  About 2 weeks later, out little Mouse died suddenly and
after a necropsy we found out she had a heart attack - and NO signs of
ADV.  Minx was confirmed through a necropsy.  Initially we presumed that
the remaining ferrets in our home would be ADV positive as everything
I read tells me it is very contagious, so we didn't test them.  When
Mouse died and she had no signs of ADV, we decided to test the rest.
Eventually (2 weeks ago) we used the Avecon test and got back 4
negatives.  Should we be happy or should we not believe the tests?  While
the rest shown no signs of ADV I know I can't take that at face value.  I
read about false positives, but not negatives and ALL tested negative?
The only reason it really matters to us is that we would like to add
another to our business as we lost both females.  Any information ect
would be great.

Ailigh, Joel, Cat, Leo, Gerry and Gentoo