Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 19:10:18 EDT
We made it!!!  The fur kids did great too!  It was a long trip -
875 miles of Da Momma going 95 mph (uhm, that was when noone was
wookin....) - but we got here in 11 hours.  I only had to stop once, to
"water down" the kidlets and then they were fine.  They don't appreciate
the humidity out here , but are liking the hotel room!  When we first
pulled in, Lucy (AKA - Helena, who always does the best) - crawled up
on the bed, and under da cubbers and fell sound asleep.  I didn't notice
it - until I saw Ricky, wandering around in circles, looking forlorn
and sad.....and couldn't figure out why!  I picked him up, cuddled,
played and put him down and he STILL was wandering looking lost.....
then I realized Lucy was nowhere to be found (well in his ferrity eyes
anyways).... I knew where she was, but he didn't.....so I rescued her
from under the warm covers (for which I received one ferrity chomp) and
thwapped her on the floor with him.....he (and I have never seen this
before...) - grabbed her by the scruff of her fuzzy neck and dragged her
over to the cage - nudged her until she crawled in.  He promptly curled
around her and fell asleep for the next 11 hours....ain't that sumfin?

We have gone for a few walks - and of course, EVERYONE I see thinks they
are adorable (well could that be - because ALL ferrets ARE adorable??)  I
have to answer numerous questions - and that is BEFORE I even make it out
of the hotel for the walk!  Hehehe!  I do love "educating" the public....
most of the people really seem to be "ferret stupid"....i.e., questions
such as: Don't they bite ALL the time, and HARD?  Please, let me have
your hand....I'll show you who bites hard.....*grins*....so I patiently
explain to them that ferrets are the BEST pets - and everyone should at
least have two!  (gotta have a pair for company for each other....)  I
patiently explain that they DON'T stink horribly, and go thru the rest of
the "ferret education" lessons......but honestly, I really like walking
them more than I did my kids when they were babies!!!  Least now when
people tell me they are cure, I KNOW they are telling the truth!!

Dooks to all!!

Kim and her Mini Army of Idiots