Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 17:52:17 GMT
Ok, so I drove to the city yesterday to get fabric, and of course
everyine wanted to knnow what I was going to do with all that flannel
and fleece.  Ferret bedding, what else?  And then it started.  "Oh, I
used to have a ferret." (I usually don't even touch that one anymore.)

But this time one lady says, "Oh, there was a ferret on my doorstep
once."  She told us that it was when her girlsd were tiny, and a ferret
with rabies came right up to her doorstep.  She could tell he had
rabies because he "made these horrible weird noises and kept jumping
and spinning around like he was crazy."  So she put her daughters in
the house because she didn't want them to get rabies, and she ran to her
neighbors house to ask if he had a pistol she could borrow.  Because she
didn't have one, and "of course" she had to shoot the ferret before he
attacked someone and gave them rabies.  Well, of course the neighbor
asked her why she needed a gun.  (Can you imagine just handing one over
WITHOUT asking?!)  He came to the house, saw the poor darling, and told
her it was just playing.  She didn't believe him completely, but she let
him take the ferret and the owner was eventually found.  The salesgirl
and I told her the same thing about the ferret playing, but you could
tell that she was still sceptical.  "Why would they play like that?
Cats don't play like THAT!  It was between the animal and my GIRLS--of
course I'd shoot him"

Wow.

--Clover
and the rezweezils: Buddy, Cookie, Yogi, Butter, Buster (aka Fatboy),
Lew, and Marissa

"Always selling quality bedding and other goodies to help the ferrets!"
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwclovergalQQhtZ-1