From:
"Flemming, Amy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:00:24 +0800
>From:    "Woodward, Ross G"
>Subject: Importing Ferrets into Australia - Just released

Thanks Ross for posting these links (I was going to post them myself as
well as excerpts, but you beat me to it!)!

Please - everybody have a look at the proposal and send in your comments
by 13 October 2000!

>From:    Flemming Farms
>Subject: Urgent Info Needed

Thanks to all that supplied me with contact information!

>From:    Randy Horton
>Subject: More on FOOD!!!
>Are their any intelligent people working there that know that those pieces
>of fruit they put in their food are responsible for the deaths of hundreds
>of ferrets each year???

Well - people are just ill-informed.  At a pet expo this past weekend (that
did a great job with promoting ferrets I might add) we were browsing around
and found a woman giving away free sample of bird seeds.  We asked her if
she had any for wild birds and she handed us a pack.  At that moment
Gattaca popped his head out of his little carry bag and the woman said -
hang on here folks - "Oh wow!  A ferret!  He would really enjoy that mix of
seeds!  Rabbits love them and I am sure your ferret would too!" I looked at
her with shear disbelief!  She knew it was a ferret (not a parrot) and she
endorsed seeds for him?  I kindly explained to her that seeds were probably
not a good suggestion for rabbits (but that I did not know for sure as I am
not a rabbit person) and that they most certainly were NOT appropriate for
a ferret.  I showed of Gattaca's very carnivore teeth and explained how
they worked and why.  She was fascinated by my in-depth explanation and
thanked me for taking the time to do it.  While I was doing this, a few
people stopped to listen and one wanted to take GATT's picture (he is
famous now!).