From:
Janice Underwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 12:38:12 -0500
I got curious about the ferret in the White House question, and checked a
copy of _Presidential Pets_ given to me by a visitor.  He was famous for
having exotics, but not all of them are listed.  Listed and pictured exotics
include a small bear, a lizard, guinea pigs, a blue macaw, a hyena, a
rabbit, a barn owl, a rat, snakes, a *badger*, a flying squirrel, kangaroo
rats...  They also had livestock as pets; a pig, a hen, a one legged
rooster, a pony, and of course dogs and cats.  And that's just what's
mentioned!

Janice Underwood                             Silk CGC [greyhound]
Schenectady, NY                            Kayla [sable ferret kit]
e-mail: [log in to unmask]      'Anaka Hina [albino ferret kit]