From:
Kim Hastings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 13:32:40 -0700
Hello everyone.  I was planning to sleep all the way through Thanksgiving,
but mom rewired the speakers on the stereo and was testing them out with
some maximum volume Jimi Hendrix...even a ferret can't sleep through a
racket like that!  The reason I'm so tired is because we all went for a long
expedition in the snow last night.  Mom noticed that I like to run along the
edges of buildings (as opposed to out in the middle of the yard all exposed
to mean ol' hawks and stuff).  Wimp that she is, she got a little tired of
following me around and around the shed while I worked on the problem of
just what's underneath there.  (I'm also concerned about what's underneath
the house, but that will probably take a little more work to solve, since
it's got a concrete foundation.) Suddenly mom cries out "Aha!  I know where
to go." She scoops me up and the next thing I know we're cruising down the
railroad tracks, just going and going and going.  Whew!  That rail must be
the edge of one BIG building.  I spent a long time exploring, and I still
haven't found even one corner of it.  Mom says she sympathizes.  She's still
working on her thesis, and though she claims to be able to see the light at
the end of the tunnel, she's overwhelmed by how long the remaining tunnel
is....

We did a little comparision shopping on those extendo leashes I mentioned in
my last posting.  The ones called Trakt have a much weaker spring than the
Flexi ones, which is not so great for dogs maybe, but it makes it a lot
easier for me to leap and twirl in my snow bunny mode.

We have a couple of questions for you FML gurus.  We hear all about Marshall
Farms, but out here in the wide open spaces, the pet shop seems to be in
league with somebody called Hagen instead.  Hagen ferrets (not me!), Hagen
food, Hagen toys.  Who is this Hagen anyway?  I wouldn't want to be
associating with a bunch of low-castes, you know.

Next question.  I think I'm about four months old.  I plan to do some heavy
jet setting for the next couple of months, and mom thought it might be a
good idea to get this spaying operation out of the way now, since we'll be
out of vet range during that time.  Is that a good plan, or should I wait
til February?

The poodles are gone (remember the poodles?), and life is pretty tame these
days.  Mom says she's just waiting for a rescue ferret to come along needing
a home.  She bought a squeak toy to keep me company yesterday, but that
stodgy old dog who lives here snarfed it right up and now she sleeps with it
between her paws.  I may have to engage in some serious toe biting to get it
back.  But really, I *am* thankful to be here.

Kim "I'm thankful somebody decided domesticating animals was a good idea"
Khaz "I'll see if I can't make you regret that statement"
Kobe "Squeak!  Squeak!  Squeak!  Thanks!"
Sockeye "How come I don't get my own turkey?"