From:
Stephanie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 15:29:09 -0400
>Airline passengers who rely on cats, monkeys or other animals for
>emotional support may be able to bring the animals into a plane's
>seating compartment under revised federal guidelines.
>
>The revised guidelines also clarified that animals that pose a public
>risk would not be allowed in cabins, such as snakes, ferrets, rodents
>or spiders.

Okay, I understand dogs as service animals and I can understand cats
as emotional support animals, heck my ferrets are there for me.....but
MONKEYS?  When did monkeys become service animals?  I firmly believe that
monkeys should not be in a pet situation and a service animal should be
your pet as well.  I have nothing against monkeys, in fact I love to
learn about non-human primates but I love to learn about large cats as
well but I don't believe either of them make good pet material.

Statements of "public risk" always amuse and annoy me.  In my case, we
can't live in military housing because we have ferrets...you know...those
"exotic pets" that are "dangerous" thus not allowed...but we could have
an untrained 90lb rottie without any questions.  (I have nothing against
rotties and have meet and loved some wonderful ones, I was using them as
an example)

Okay that is my two cents on those statements.
Stephanie G.
3 fuzzies and a ferret herding puppy