From:
"Jennifer A. Lobdell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 11:46:20 EST
Hi Everyone,

It was with heavy heart that my SO Charles and I left for camping with our
two fuzzies this past Friday.  We were feeling so bad about Kodo's situation
that we almost didn't go.  That night we decided to take our babies out for
a walk to tire them out before returning to the tent.  The campground was
loaded with people and lots of them came over to see the ferrets.  I have to
admit that I was very impressed with the number of people that actually knew
what they were.  As it turns out, atleast two other people at the site had
brought their babies along too.  We all got together on Saturday night for a
group photo.  Very cute.  I don't think a single person asked us what they
were and not one person said 'Are they rats?' (nothing annoys me more).

But what impressed me the most is that people who had never owned ferrets
actually knew a lot about them.  Maybe this is just coincidence but I'd like
to think that we all must be doing something right when it comes to
educating the public.  Don't get me wrong.  We still have a long way to go.
That is more than obvious.  But I thought I would mention this because at
this awful time of grieving it seem to help a small bit.

Our sincerest sympathy to Bob Jacobs and family.  Our thoughts and prayers
are with you.

Unfortunatly we won't be able to attend the rally today being in
Massachusetts and all; but we will be there in spirit.

     Jennifer, Charles,
     and the fuzzbutts:
     Cindy (I hate camping)
     & C.J. (can we go camping next weekend, too?)