From:
Linda Prowse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 12:55:08 -0700
Chris and Fidget posted:
>now on the lighter side.  I was watching TV with the SO and he physically
>cringed when a character on TV sat in a recliner and leaned back to open it
>up....guess he's officially a ferret "dad" .  Although he did tell me the
>other day he wouldn't mind trading places with Fidget because Fidget gets
>"coddled and cuddled and spoiled all the time" I hope I don't find him
>trying to fit in the ferret tunnels!  :-)"

This post from Fidget and Chris made me smile.  Four years ago, my SO Barry,
moved in with me and my 2 ferrets Bear and Scamp.  Barry brought his cat and
dog to live with us which was fine, however we all found out quickly that
ferrets rule!

During these past 4 years together, Barry has often mentioned to me that he
really wishes that he was a ferret that lives in our house.  I don't get it,
but maybe it's because:

1. In our house, ferrets rule.  They are treated like little Gods and
   Goddesses, and nothing comes before them.
2. As soon as I get home from work, the ferrets are greeted and asked how
   their day was before anyone else.
3. Since Bear went to the Rainbow Bridge last January, Scamp has taken us
   sleeping beside his mum in bed.=20
4. When Scamp decides he wants to come into bed at about 5:00 a.m. every
   morning, he scratches on "mum's side" thereby prompting me to sleepily
   pick him up, and pat him while he falls sleeps closely beside me.
5. The ferrets get everything they ask for, and then some.

Hmm, come to think of it, Barry's got a good point!  : )

Linda, Scamp, Shreddy, Casper & Waddy (and Barry, the wannabe ferret).

Linda Prowse