Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 12:51:32 EDT
Hi,

I HATE seeing things like this.  It gives our fuzzies the wrong impression.
They should not be applauding the dog for "saving" the baby.  They should
be criticizing and questioning the mother!

I agree that a baby should never be left alone when there are ANY animals
that can get to it.  You never know how any animal will treat the baby -
even if they've been good with previous babies.

Why didn't Mom have the ferrets in a cage or a different room from the
baby?  Why didn't she wake up when the baby cried?  Why wasn't she more
responsible??

I just don't get it........I've got a five-year-old.  We got our first
ferret just before her first birthday.  We had 2 dogs and 5 cats before her
birth and after.  She's never had a serious bite from ANY of our animals!
I don't credit the wonderful behaviour of my animals or my child for that.
I credit my husband and myselft not leaving our daughter in a potentially
harmful situation.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Kim