From:
Debbie Lowrider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 08:34:51 EDT
Please bare with me since my body has been sleep deprived for over three
days.  We purchased a parrot 1 1/2 days ago and she only sat on the cage
door for five minues.  Am not sure when the parrot will want to be out of
the cage, but the wings need trimming.  On Monday, the parrot will be
seeing our lucky Board Certified Exotic Animal Vet.  We are lucky to have
this vet, one of only three Board Certified Exotic Vets in our state.
Tests will be run and all the trimmings needed.  So we have a few days
where the bird might choose to fly into the area where the ferrets are,
and no, we can't move the ferrets.

Would like advice from bird and ferret owners for the future in learning
what is needed to keep these pets safe.  Read a long time ago that ferrets
can kill birds, but to be honest, this imagine doesn't seem possible.  My
thoughts are more like, the parrot can kill the ferrets, but could be
wrong.  So if anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Debbie