From:
Jon & Veda Chalmers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 13:09:07 -0600
I apologize for my remark about older ladies.  I should have said what I
meant instead of maligning an entire sector of the population for having
the good fortune of living longer than I have.  The pharmacy tech was a
prissy old sourpuss who was put out by my asking for a veterinary Rx at
closing time and did not seem disposed toward reacting kindly to any
explanation I might give her about my "weird" pet.

>Perhaps you wrongly think anyone past 50/60 is a bit dense?

Absolute not.  I will be celebrating my 40th birthday this year and I
hope I have more than ten years of lucidity left.  My mother will be 80
this year and as I live across the country from her, I phone her at least
twice a month to check in and chat.  Due to her life experience, she is
the person I talk to about politics, economics, cultural diversity,
horticulture, wildlife rehab, animal ethics, and soup recipes.  My mother
regrets that due to her health and the health of her grand ferret, she
will never get to meet him in person.  When she asked me what exactly a
ferret was, I told her they were quite a bit like the baby skunks she
hand raised from kits with an eyedropper when their mother was killed
at the airport where my father kept his planes.

Veda