From:
Lesley Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2013 21:16:35 -0400
To the sad ANON poster, I am so sorry that your feelings have been hurt
by the FML Calendar choices. I do understand the disappointment. I have
entered many contests in which my boys weren't chosen. I have been
very fortunate that my guys have been featured in the calendar several
times. There are things to consider about the FML Calendar. It is done
to raise money for a VERY worthy cause, so the money that you pay for
photo entries is a DONATION to help pay for the calendar production,
which raises funds. Most people have one ferret calendar in their home
and the FML Calendar has several calendars to compete with for this
honor, including professionally produced ones (Jeanne Carley). Sharon
Beardon does a great job with this large project each year and I know
she would never intentionally slight, hurt or favor anyone. I believe
the selection process is done by several SOS members each year. If
you look back at calendars you will notice that the photos that they
choose are ones that related to a particular month in some way or are
outstanding quality pictures. They are trying to produce a calendar
that will appeal to MANY ferret owners, not just the people who submit
the pictures. During the year, I try to think of ideas for pictures and
take them all during the year with the FML calendar in mind. I also
submit quite a few to increase the chances that the judges MAY like
one of them.

Dooks!
Lesley