From:
Karl Brodhecker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 1995 08:01:00 +0000
Karen:

From your brief description of Winnie, I can say he's a match for our little
tiger, Luci.  She is a Manitoban ferret: A heavy little girl with big feet and
a nippy, somewhat high-strung disposition, too.  Luci also has coarse fur,
sharp nails like a kitten's claws that never need trimming (she climbs walls
like a cat!) and teeth like razors (two extra up top as though she needs
them).  She is a real doll, though, and a pleasure to have around.  I suspect
that the Manitoba ferrets have more of a hunting-stock bloodline than those of
other breeders, whose ferrets are mostly descended from stock originally bred
for fur (fake mink).  These traits are all beneficial for an animal used to
hunt.  Will he outgrow his hard nipping?  I can't say:  Luci still nips hard,
drawing blood accidently becouse of the sharp teeth, but then she was very
badly handled and psychologically traumatised in the pet store where we found
her.  However, she is INFINITELY gentler and more loving than when we got her.
I think Winnie will be fine in time but possibly may retain the same bitey-ness
Luci has.

BTW, I have taken all four of my ferrets from hell out over the week-end, but
they have shown no interest in mauling children or killing cattle, not even
when I find suitable and unsuspecting victims for them.  Maybe they are feeling
under the weather?

Karl, Tamarah, and the fabulous furry ferret family:  Jenni, Luci, Minerva, and
Rasputin

PS Should anyone REALLY care:  Greater Pandas are bears.  References upon
request.