From:
"Burkard,Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 06:56:11 PDT
>From:    Chris Nielsen - AIS <[log in to unmask]>
>One of her little sprites named Natalie had begun to show symtoms of a
>possible adrenal tumor.  She went into surgery this afternoon and the vet
>found one on her left adrenal.  Unfortunately, she was only able to remove
>some of it, as the rest was too near vital arteries/veins.

Our ferret, Squirt, had adrenal surgery done at the end of September and is
recovering just fine -- he's jumping around, dooking, grooming himself
again, and has his normal ordor back.

What I don't understand is that if the tumor was on the *LEFT* adrenal
gland, why it couldn't be removed completely.  Usually, it's the *RIGHT* one
that is very tricky.  Maybe the vet who performed the surgery doesn't have
much experience with surgery on ferrets, or there were extenuating
circumstances.

-- Mike