From:
Ashlie Ludwig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 16:04:14 -0600
Thank you to everyone who responded to my email asking about a vet in
Lincoln, NE.  After reviewing the suggestions and also talking to a vet
here in Lincoln, I decided to take Anabelle up to Omaha to Dr. Curry.

Anabelle only had a tiny bit of hair missing from the tip of her tail but
also a swollen vulva, both vets thought we had caught her in time since
her coat looked so good.  Alas...it was not so good.  She had a huge
right adrenal that was inbedded and wrapped around the vena cava (sp?).
So Dr. Curry debulked it and lasered it until she could not see anything
left, but there probably is some left.  The left adrenal was tiny so she
left it and everything else looked okay inside.

Have any of you had a ferret that has had a right adrenal this bad that
was debulked?  What can I expect for her lifespan and should we treat
with Lupron right away(The vet suggested we might if her swelling did
not go down)?  Thank you in advance.

--Ashlie

"the world is not respectable; it is mortal, tormented, confused, deluded
forever; but it is shot through with beauty, with love, with glints of
courage and laughter; and in these, the spirit blooms....."
---george santayana