From:
Lisa Olscamp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 14:09:01 -0400
My heart goes out to all of you who have suffered such losses - this has
been a week for needing tissues while reading the FML.

Stinky is an EXTREMELY picky eater.  He is one who will starve himself
rather than not have his one and only favorite food.  In an effort to give
the four of them very limited amounts of sugar, I have a mix of their food
in a can with the normal treats, and tend to hand feed them all a lot of
food as a result.

Recently I received a free 4lb containter of Purina One kitten food.  Now
I know better than to give this to any of them as part of their regular
food.  What are your thoughts on adding this to the treat can?  Stinky,
of course, absolutely loves it.  Given that I have tried to get him to
eat EVERY kind of ferret food with no success, he eats one of the better
kitten foods as his main food.  Even though I have 5 different foods mixed
in the big bin, he goes through and picks that kitten food out of the dish
until it is gone.  Unfortunately he got hooked on it a few years ago
before I knew any better. :(

Any input would be appreciated!  My thoughts are that it would be a much
healthier alternative than the sugary treats.

Lisa
Stinky, Pepper, Mitsy and Pristine