From:
Pyrophage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 07:33:08 -0500
Hi folks,

This week, at intervals, we've noticed that one of our ferrets has looked
out of breath even when not exerting.  He's been pretty lethargic (though
he's never too active) and is definitely on the chubby side.  You can see
his chest rising and falling, especially around his heart.  We haven't taken
him to the vet because we've been sitting shivah for my grandmother (who
died in a car accident earlier this week scant blocks from her home, and who
would very likely still be alive had she been wearing her seatbelt).  But
we're worried about our ferret, and are wondering whether anyone might know
what this means and what we should do.

Thanks,
Pyrophage