From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 19:34:25 -0500
Meltie and I got a bit of sleep together today.  She's a bit better than she
was this morning but not a lot better.  Steve and I have decided to do the
fasting glucose tomorrow anyway even if she doesn't show more improvement.
The chances of it being insulinoma onn top of her cardiomyopathy are almost
nil, but if there is a chance as long as she indicates that she wants to try
we'll try tohope for somethig treatable with this.  Most likley it is just
her heart being gone too far and if she is like she has been tomorrow then
she will get a mercy shot.

I got some good news in that the person who said that I have to prepare Dad
for the idea of an assisted living community for he and Blanche had not yet
spoken to the doctors and Blanche is starting to perk up.  Finally got a
chance to ask Blanche without anyone else there to glower just what she
wants in the way of her physicians because that is what really matters.
Found out and now I will stand by her choice since it's only right that she
call the shots for own body.  I told her I'd be gentle because I know
everyone is just too stressed out and she laughed.

One day at a time we'll get through all their health care needs.  Hanan told
us to sleep tonight.  We ate, too.  It's not usual for it to be hard for
either of us toeat but today it has been, our bodies as well as our minds
are grieving.

Margie sent two (2!!!!!!!) lovely bouquets of carnations for Meltie.  All
our vases are full now and they are arranged around Meltdown's cage.  She
has already stuck her nose into them.  That's what is really important for
Meltdown of course -- that they are so very aromatic.  And they are --
marvelously so, so even if this process reduces her sense of smell she
should be aware ofthem and find comfort in a smell she likes.

Our love to all of you for all your wonderful, marvelous support; it means
the world to us.

Sukie and Steve